Sunday, September 24, 2017

Dramatic Readings! My Video Review Series

As much as I enjoy writing Game Boy game reviews, I understand that not everyone likes to read long-form reviews as much as I do.  I also really like the convenience of video platforms like YouTube, and have reached a point where I consume far more YouTube than I do traditional TV these days.  I've had a YouTube presence for a number of years, with a personal channel where I've done music reviews and vinyl album collection videos, but only got started with a Game Boy and gaming themed channel a couple years back.  Most of what I have up are game collection and pickups videos, but I've started a series I've dumbed "Dramatic Readings!" where I read through my written reviews, atop Game Boy game footage of the game in question.

I've just uploaded the 4th video in the series, so I thought I'd highlight that here on the blog, so that, for the handful of folks who have read my reviews, but may not know about my YouTube channel, you can quickly discover this avenue as well.  I'm going in order of my reviews, from the very first game I reviewed, forward through the blog, so the video reviews will always lag behind the written reviews.  I'm hoping to get enough videos made to eventually catch up to the blog, so that, whenever I release a new written review, I record my video review of the previously reviewed game.  This way, there's time for folks to read the written review first, and then if they miss that, or prefer the YouTube content, they can still see that video review within a reasonable amount of time after the written review is posted.

I have a lot of reviews to get moved over to video, so that will take some time to accomplish.  In the meantime, I'll still be playing games and writing reviews, so there will still be fresh content for the blog, as I have time to do so.  As I've mentioned before, this is all a labor of love, and because I'm not funding this through Patreon or any other means, but simply buying games with my own money, playing them in my spare time, and writing reviews as I can, I go at my own rather glacial pace.  I'm planning on trying to accomplish as many of these Dramatic Readings! videos as quickly as possible, so I can get into that rhythm of writing a review and then uploading the previous review video, which I would try to have prepared and ready to go so I can release them around the same time.  This way, I can have new content ready to go for both the blog, and the YouTube channel, as time allows.

All this to say, if you haven't checked out my YouTube channel yet, please do so, as I also post game hunting and pickups videos, and have some other stuff in the works as well.  Here are the first 4 episodes of Dramatic Readings!

Dramatic Readings! Episode 001 - Donkey Kong 94

Dramatic Readings! Episode 002 - TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan

Dramatic Readings! Episode 003 - Tetris
Dramatic Readings! Episode 004 - Super Mario Land


Thank you for reading, and continuing to check out this blog.  I would very much appreciate it if you would also go subscribe to my YouTube channel, and if you haven't followed me on Twitter yet, please do so there as well.  As I said, I'm not doing this for money, but getting nice comments on reviews and videos does help keep me motivated, as it does for anyone, so please let me know what you think, and give me some honest feedback.  Thanks again for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment